Tuesday, October 2, 2012

An Entire Year

An entire year has passed.  How can that be?  I'm getting behind on writing in my journal to Seth as well.  There are so many things I want to write to him.   SO many things I don't want to forget about this precious time in his life and things I want him to know that he did when he was a toddler.  He is so full of curiosity and definitely a farm boy.  He is 16 months old now.  How did that happen?  We are expecting another baby in just six weeks.  How did THAT happen?  Oh my!  That was certainly a surprise.

Seth is all boy, all farm boy!  He loves riding with his dad or his big brothers in the tractor.  In fact, he can say tractor.  He wants to be outside with the puppies, tractors and bah-sue (his name for cows) all the time.  (Some of you may be wondering why he calls cows "bah-sue"-that is what the guys holler at the cows to get them to come to them.)  He says hi, wow, what is it, uh oh, tractor, bah-sue, mamma, dadda, thank you and probably more that we can't quite figure out.

A couple of weeks ago we were sitting down to lunch.  In the middle he folded his hands to remind me to pray (I had forgotten), precious things like this happen all the time.  I would miss them if I didn't stay at home.  I am so thankful that I have a husband who realizes the importance of a stay at home mom.  We have talked about me going back to work eventually and him staying at home with the kids.  Maybe in a year or two.  In reality though, I want to be at home with my babies all the time.  I don't ever really want to go back to work.  I want to be available to them when they need or want me.  I want to go on field trips and be the room mom at school and get to take them lunch and eat with them.  I want to be here when they get off the bus at the end of the day.  I don't want to miss a thing!

Steve is still working at the same job.  We survived his 18 day work stretch during the state fair.  Seth even got sick in the middle of it all and I was one tired mama by the time he was well.

Hopefully I will be able to update more often.  It is amazing how busy I am staying at home.  I probably do more in a day than I did when I was working.  I definitely do more before 8:00 than I did when I worked.  This is the hardest, most rewarding job ever and I LOVE IT!  I just wish my husband could farm full-time and we could see him during the day more often.  We are hopefully only a year or two away from that.


No comments:

Post a Comment